12/29/2023

Early Happy New Year! (Ramble)

 Hey again guys!

TL;DR - Go Vote next year, Social Media can kiss my ass, I'm going to work on more personal projects and might fully move to this site, also going to work on physical and mental health.

It's been a while since I've done a text post like this, but we're getting close to the New Year and I felt like putting down my thoughts about the coming year of 2024.

I don't know, it feels like a very imposing year. I guess it's because that's when we gotta decide if our President remains or we choose a new one. (Also, go vote y'all, it's so important.) But New Years are always going to feel like that since we change the digits of the year and it feels like a fresh new start.

I've been very "eh" about this year. I mean it's been super awesome in plenty of places. Heck, I saw plenty of good video game selections for this year, even movie selections. I even quit the job that's been making me dread a couple of things. But I don't feel quite there yet. Even going through my studies and such for Pharmacy tech. Also just... everything feels so different after the rona that went down in 2020.

I've also talked about the internet and how out of control it felt like it has become. I really do mean it. This has been the year I've been trying to separate myself from that. I don't think I'm quite there yet, I imagine once I grab my Pharmacy tech job, I'll feel more inclined to distance myself and fully commit to just a blog. I know a lot of people follow me on Tumblr, and if I ever want to make a web comic series/art in general, not too many people are going to want to flock to my blog.

This era of humanity is just so social media reliant. I'm not pinning it specifically on a generation cause we're all in this together in the end, but we're really going to eff up the next generation if nothing is done.

Capitalism is fully integrating itself into the Internet.

It's strange saying that since when I was a kid, the Internet just felt like an exploring and game tool. I can't say that anymore. My childhood, in movies and games, there always seemed to be a message of "business bad, anarchy good" but it seems like we've learned nothing from that. 

Not like we can fully separate from that, but we've been on such a downward spiral. Or maybe it's just because I'm growing up. Anyways, I digressed fully from my point. If I ever leave Tumblr, you'll know where I'll be at. Here on this blog. It's much better upkeep and I don't feel like I have to scroll and like so many other posts on my feed. It'll just be a place where I can share stuff.

Now that that's out of the way, I want to share my goals for the next year. Of course, there's getting a job in Pharmacy tech.

I know a lot of people followed me for my Humanized Bionicle series, and I'm really glad you guys are here (I LOVE Bionicle, always will~) I just may not be drawing it as much as I used to, or committing to a year. I've been neglecting my own original ideas, and I sincerely want to get back to them. Stuff like Solar 7, GRAVEN, Aberon, and even Prismatica that I've just started. You might see a Human Bonkle from time to time next year, I'm not abandoning that just yet I feel, but I should really start to focus on my own stuff.

I want to post more screenshots about the video games I play, and my OCs. I haven't share stuff about them in a LONG LONG while. I feel like it'd be great to share about characters and what games/worlds they're tied to. I haven't rp'd them like I used to, but they're very much a big reason how I connected with my friends and s/o. I also like taking screenshots and I just haven't been sharing as much as I could be sharing.

Also, I'm hoping to work on my mental and physical health more. This may be over-sharing so feel free to skip this paragraph. I'm fine physically, but not where I should be. I'm overweight, not severely but enough to the point where I should be doing something about it. I'm also pretty weak in general. So I really want to improve that part of my body. I also suffer from anxiety and depression. I don't think I'm over my depression, but I'm to the point where I haven't broken down the past few weeks. Anxiety is the big one however. It's keeping me from exploring the world, talking more online with friends/irl friends, and making the job process very stressful and scary - motivation is also taking hits because of this. I've been taking meds, so they've been helping a bit, but at the end of the day, I need to improve myself in these aspects. I really hope 2024 is a better year for my health.

Now that that paragraph's done, I just really hope the world can have a break. Everything is so terrifying and scary, social media/media in general keep bombarding us with ads and depressing articles, it's just been frustrating as a whole. But we just need to remind ourselves it doesn't have to be like that. We can cut ourselves some slack and remind ourselves that we can both be considerate of others and that we need to take care of ourselves.

All in all, I'm praying that 2024 can be a better year - not perfect, but at least better than this year. But we'll just have to see in the end.

Thank you to anyone who has read this far, I appreciate your time and I hope that 2024 can be a better year for you than 2023. I am so thankful for your support throughout this year, if not the years before as well.

I'm blessin' all of yahs~

- Ani (^v^)/✧⭑

3 comments:

  1. I feel you, so much, regarding not wanting to engage in nowadays' internet shenanigans anymore. Social media's rotten to the core, and our moots don't really use the less known, hopefully more peaceful ones; but, beyond that, I'm just so tired of social media format in general...

    I used to have a blog on Blogger, but I grew past it and decided to create a newer, more personal one; Google fucked up its service, so I migrated to Dreamwidth. I plan on having less and less social media accs as time passes, probably until only my journal on Dreamwidth remains. I don't see myself deleting IG and LinkedIn anytime soon, for professional reasons, but I'll get rid of my Twitter acc as soon as my moots get used to interacting with me like we all used to do, back in the 2010's.

    Blogs! We were born into it, we'll always come back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tumblr's been nice to me, so far. I like how there's so much content about fandom and writing there, it's fun. But I can't grow past my love for the "old" blogging format, where our websites have only what we post and decide to set up on it. Even Tumblr won't have me abandoning island-style blogging.

    And, also — long texts. Nothing's better than reading long texts in a calm layout, and blogs lets us do that. Maybe because I've been reading more and more books and fanfics, text based content lures me in. There's too much noise out there, too many images, ads, ugh, so many things. Won't y'all let me read in peace?! 🥴

    I hope 2024's been good for you, so far, Ani! Wishing you all the best; may you get to take better care of yourself, and enjoy your original projects a lot. It's always marvellous to see creative minds explore their own ideas! I'm working on a longfic right now that's making me create lots of OCs, so I've decided I'll, also, talk about them on my dw blog. It's kinda weird, I'm not used to giving attention to what I like and create, but it's... fun? I'm sure I'll learn a lot about me in this process.

    I, too, hope I get to take better care of me this year. Moderate depression's getting worse, that's worrisome... but I'll do my best. We'll all be sucessful, I'm sure! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment! Yeah, so far it's been nice to have this blog to come back to and post all my stuff. Tumblr has been less egregious in my eyes too, but it's slowly getting to me lol.

      I wish you luck on your blogging ventures too! As long as you feel like you're creating for yourself, I think that's the most important thing that should come out of your creativity.

      Shaking your hand on the depression stuff, it's never easy ;-; If no one else has told you yet, you got this! ^v^

      Delete

Featured Post

I'm taking Commissions for a while!

I'll be taking this at a gentle pace, but I'm here to do some commission work and get some money in my pocket while I'm in-betwe...